ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Location: 1787 Agate St.
Architect: F. Manson White.
Theodore Roosevelt Junior High School was designed in 1924 by Portland architect F. Manson White was responsible for many church and school designs in Oregon. For example, what is now the John G. Shedd Institute for the Arts, 868 High St., Eugene, was originally the First Baptist Church, designed by White in 1926. UO acquired the school building in 1975 and it was renamed Agate Hall.
In 1950, the junior high school became Condon Elementary School which closed in 1983 due to low enrollment. The university acquired the property in 1984 and it was renamed Agate Hall. The 40,000 SF building has served many purposes since becoming part of the University of Oregon.
Teague, Edward H., and Leland Roth. "Frederick Manson White (1863-1952) (Adobe PDF)." The Oregon Encyclopedia. Web. PDF
Image: Wikipedia Commons.