Library Human Resources
General Job Sources in Oregon:
Suggestions for Finding Librarian, Library Support Staff, or Other Employment Opportunities in Eugene and Oregon
The University of Oregon Libraries generally conduct national recruitments for librarian positions. In those instances, ads will appear in online ad sources, such as American Libraries' JobLIST. You might want to check out the following possibilities.
- University of Oregon Libraries Academic Jobsite:
- University of Oregon Libraries Classified (Support Staff) Jobsite:
- University of Oregon (All UO Campus) Jobsite:
- Oregon State University (Corvallis) Jobsite:
- Lane Community College (Eugene) Jobsite:
- City of Eugene:
- Lane County:
- 4J School District (Eugene Elementary School District):
- Springfield Public Schools:
- Oregon Library Association Jobline:
- State of Oregon:
- Oregon Employment Department
- Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA) Job Sources:
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL) Career Resources:
- American Libraries JobLIST:
- The Chronicle of Higher Education (Academe):
- Greater Western Libraries Association (UO is a member)
UO Library Support Staff and Manager positions are often advertised in the local newspaper, The Register-Guard (http://www.registerguard.com/) in the Sunday print and online editions.
If you are or will be a new resident of Oregon, we encourage you to join the Oregon Library Association (http://olaweb.org/), where you will receive regular OLA Hotline updates, which include employment opportunities all over the state for all types of positions.