Policies on this page pertain to borrowers who participate in the Oregon Card Program, as well as students, staff and faculty at Northwest Christian University.
Oregon Card: UO Libraries offers borrowing privileges to Oregon residents 16 years and older through the Oregon Card Program. Photo ID must be presented when borrowing materials.
NCU: Through a reciprocal agreement, UO Libraries offers borrowing privileges to faculty, staff, and students at Northwest Christian University. When you register as borrower at UO Libraries, bring your current student, faculty or staff ID card with the current term's sticker affixed to the card.
- Borrower responsibilities:
- You are responsible for knowing the due date of library material that is checked out to you, and for returning material on time
- All items are subject to recall by other library users at any time, including breaks between terms; if a recall shortens your loan period you will receive an email notification
- Borrowing-related notifications are sent to the e-mail address you provide when registering as a borrower.
- Loan Periods:
- Books: 3 weeks
- Audio recordings: 6 days
- Videos: 4 hours (in-library use)
- Interlibrary Loan material (for Oregon Card Program borrows only): Due date determined by the lending library
- Course Reserves and equipment loans: 2 hours to 7 days
- Renewals: Eligible material will renew automatically unless requested by another user
- When maximum loan period has been reached, users will receive a courtesy email notification
- up to 10 items checked out
- up to 10 holds on items checked out to other borrowers
- Fees and Overdue Fines:
- Interlibrary Loan fee (Oregon Card Program): $15 per successful request plus any copyright or other charges assessed by the lending library
- Overdue Books and ILL material: $.50/day
- Overdue audio recordings: $2/day
- Overdue recalled material: $5/day
- Overdue equipment: Varies
- Overdue course reserves material: $3/hour
- Damaged or lost items: Repair or replacement charge plus $20 service charge