Undergraduate Research Awards
Deadline - February 6, 2017
UO class papers, projects, and theses for 4 terms (Winter 2016 through Fall 2016) are eligible.
Recommendations are needed from class instructors, so identify your best work and talk to your professors.
The UO Libraries Undergraduate Research Awards reward students who demonstrate high-quality academic work and excellent library research skills. Prizes of $1,000 - $1,500 are awarded in the two categories listed below:
1) Single term papers and projects from a 300 level or above course
2) Theses or multi-term papers and projects
- Paper or project was produced in Winter 2016, Spring 2016, Summer 2016 or Fall 2016.
- Submissions must have a recommendation submitted online by the course instructor, thesis advisor, or project advisor.
- Currently enrolled University of Oregon undergraduates or recent graduates only.
- Single-term projects must be completed for an upper division (300 - 400 level) UO credit course.
- Theses and multi-term projects must be completed prior to submission and be connected to the UO curriculum.
* Student Application (attach all items listed below)
- Final research paper or project
- Abstract (100-150 words)
- Research Process & Scholarly Growth Essay
- Bibliography or References
- Acknowledgments Page
* Deadline & Process
- Deadline - February 6, 2017
- Applications are accepted continually throughout the year.
- Applications are reviewed once a year by the Awards Committee (a panel of UO librarians and faculty).
- Currently enrolled students receive awards as scholarships; recent graduates receive a cash prize award.
- Winners and faculty sponsors are honored annually at a special event each May.
- Email questions to email@example.com
* Copyright Information
- Authors retain the copyright to their work.
- Winning papers are deposited in the UO digital archive, Scholars' Bank
- See Scholars' Bank copyright policy for more information.