Undergraduate Research Awards
Apply Now for Papers/Projects From Winter and Spring 2016
Terms Eligible for Award
UO Libraries Undergraduate Research Awards recognize students who demonstrate excellent library research skills and high-quality academic work with $1,000 - $1,500 award prizes in two categories:
1: Papers and projects from a 300 level or above course completed within a single term
2: Theses or multi-term papers and projects
- Currently enrolled University of Oregon undergraduates or recent graduates only
- Single-term projects must be completed for an upper division (300 - 400 level) UO credit course
- Theses and multi-term projects must be completed prior to submission
- Projects must be recommended by the course instructor, thesis advisor, or project advisor
Student Application (must include all of the following documents)
- Application Web Form (attach paper, abstract, essay, bibliography, & acknowledgements)
- Final research paper or project
- Abstract (100-150 words)
- Research Process & Scholarly Growth Essay
- Bibliography or References
- Deadline - February 2017
- Applications are accepted continually throughout the year.
- Applications are reviewed once a year by the Awards Committee (a panel of UO librarians and faculty).
- Currently enrolled students receive awards as scholarships; recent graduates receive a cash prize award.
- Winners and faculty sponsors are honored annually at a special event each May.
- Email questions to email@example.com
- Authors retain the copyright to their work.
- Winning papers are deposited in the UO digital archive, Scholars' Bank
- See Scholars' Bank copyright policy for more information.
This competition is funded by the Milton C. and Barbara B. Sparks and Jon and Lisa Stine endowments, as well as gifts from Walter and Gretchen Barger