McKenzie Computer Lab
To add the McKenzie Color (Dell 5100cn) printer to your laptop, follow the instructions below:
1. Download and install Dell printer drivers from here.
2. Go to your Devices and Printers Control Panel
3. Select ‘Add a Printer’ from the toolbar at the top
4. Choose Local Printer
5. Create a new TCP/IP Port
6. Under Device Type, Select TCP/IP Device
Fill in Hostname or IP address: “isl-labprint”
Port name: “isl-mck-clr01”
Uncheck the box next to “Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use
Detecting the TCP/IP port may take some time…
7. Under Device Type, select Custom and open the “Settings…” Menu
8. Under Protocol, Select “LPR”
Under LPR Settings, the Queue Name is : “isl-mck-colorq”
Check the box next to “LPR Byte Counting Enabled”
9. Under Manufacturer, Select Dell
Under Printers, Select 5100CN
10. Name the printer "McKenzie Color"
11. You’re finished! Well, not quite...
Back in the Devices and Printers window, right click your new printer, select Printer Properties
12. Verify that the Duplexer is installed
The printer "McKenzie Color" should now be available as a printer choice.
If you require additional assistance, please contact the Computer Help Desk