Library Systems Department
- Location: Knight Library, First Floor
- Mail: 1299 University of Oregon
- Eugene, OR 97403-1299
- (541) 346-3049
The Library Systems Department provides a broad range of information technology services and solutions to support both the teaching and research needs of faculty and students and the operational and administrative needs of library staff. The department delivers and supports a flexible and reliable technology environment that enables users to discover, access, and use the library's resources and facilitates staff work efficiencies. Systems staff focus their work in these areas:
- Public computing support: Systems staff support a large computing environment throughout the libraries, the general campus computer labs in the Erb Memorial Union (EMU) and McKenzie Hall, and library computer classrooms. Computer help desks are staffed in the Knight Library, Price Science Commons & Research Library, and the EMU. Staff also manage the pay for print software used by the library and most school computer labs on campus.
- Staff computing support: Systems staff provide workstation management, for both Windows and Macs, for all library staff and for library service desks. Systems provides helpdesk support internally for library staff, troubleshooting problems with a range of computers, peripheral devices, software applications and IT accounts.
- Systems administration and infrastructure support: Systems staff manage a large, complex IT environment. Staff plan, implement and maintain the library's server infrastructure to support the work of library staff and library users and to provide storage space for the library's constantly growing digital collections. Library Systems also provides oversight and configuration of the library's enterprise library software applications, including Alma/Primo.
- Web services and application development: Systems staff provide administrative management and technical support for the library's Web presence and Web-based services, applying user experience principles and strategies. Staff participate in Web and application design to support search, discovery and delivery of the library's collections in all formats and to support library workflows.