Special Collections holds more than 2,000 processed manuscript collections, as well as architectural drawings and broadsides. Manuscript collections can be searched using the following databases:
- Search Archives West, a consortium database that has finding aids (inventory lists) for several hundred archive collections across the Northwest, including the University of Oregon Special Collections and University Archives (UOSCUA). See the quicklist of online finding aids. To limit your search to collections at UOSCUA, simply select our name from the "Institution" drop down menu.
- Search the ArchiveGrid, a database of archive collections across the world, including those from the University of Oregon Special Collections and University Archives.
- Search via Google: (searches subject guides, collection pages, digital collections, and finding aids for many regional repositories at Archives West); Use the box below.
- Need more help? See Finding Primary Sources or contact us.
Collections of Specific Interest:
- Burgess Manuscript Collection On-line Catalogue
- Feminist and Lesbian Periodical Collection
- Manuscript Collections Documenting Women in Society
- Oregon Women's Political History Collection
- Tee A. Corinne Papers
- Southwest Oregon Research Project (SWORP)
Subject Guides: Please consult these guides for subject-specific topics. Also provided are two documents, the 1971 Schmitt Guide to manuscript collections and our Checklist of Missionary Collections.
Paper copies and scans of manuscript inventories are provided on request at a cost of $.25 per page plus postage. For information on availability and accessing materials contact the Curator of Manuscripts, Special Collections.