Special Collections University Archives home University of Oregon Libraries
Special Collections & University Archives
Location: Knight Library, North Wing, 2nd Floor, Paulson Reading Room
Mail: UO Libraries: SPC, 1299 University of Oregon, Eugene OR 97403-1299
Reference & Use Requests
Fax: 541-346-3485 Attn: SCUA
General Hours and Current hours
Follow us: Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Blog
- Showcasing Our Treasures: Meeting with the New UO Board of Trustees
- Iconic Moments in University of Oregon History
- Behind the Scene: Processing President Dave Frohnmayer's Papers
- Edward S. Curtis: The North American Indian: Are you interested in finding out more about these volumes or would like to come and view them? Please contact us ahead of time -- find out full details here. This collection will also be highlighted in an upcoming Insight Seminar on May 3, 2014, 9:15 AM - 1:00 PM. Full details and sign-up information here.
- See past events and all news on our blog.
- Exhibit Opening, "Recipe: The Kitchen and Laboratory in the West, 1400-2000," Tuesday, April 22, 4:00 PM
- James Blue Celebration, April 23, 4:00 PM
- "Native American Photographs: The Art of Edward Curtis": Insight Seminar, May 3, 2014, 9:15AM-1:00PM
- PCUN Open House, Wednesday, May 7, 4:00PM-6:00PM
- "Luther Cressman: Quest for the First People" Documentary Screening, May 8, 6:30-8:30 PM
- ‘Activating’ Undergraduate Education with the UO Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art, Museum of Natural and Cultural History, and the Libraries Special Collections; Monday, May 12, 3:30 - 5:00 PM
Reference & Use Requests
- Use our form to submit requests for research or use permission. We require all requests be written via email, fax or letter. Requests made by phone have to be transcribed.
- Timely requests: Some collections require advance notice to be made available.
- Off-site items may take up to two weeks to transport and review.
- Architectural drawings (especially for Saturday viewing) must be requested 72 hours in advance.
- Glass-plate negatives, early manuscripts and other extremely fragile or high-value items require confirmed appointments. Walk-in requests may be accommodated if there is sufficient staffing.
- On Saturdays, confirmed prior appointments are required for early manuscripts, glass-plate negatives, architectural drawings
- Before using these materials, a reference interview is highly recommended
- Traveling? Please contact us before planning a trip so we can confirm our hours and make sure the collections you need are available when you arrive. Our schedule is subject to change.
Please check our Google calendar for current hours
Spring 2014 Term Hours:
Special Collections and University Archives will close at 3:30 on Wednesday, May 7.
Mondays - Fridays: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Saturdays: 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM