OA e-journal at the UO Libraries Information for Editors
E-journal publishing: information for editors
The UO Libraries provides free publishing support for UO
departmentally-sponsored or UO-faculty-edited open access e-journals. The service is a collaboration of the UO Libraries with the Oregon State University Libraries to support broader dissemination of scholarship and promote the advancement of both universities research.
If you are developing a new open access e-journal, the UO Libraries would love to partner with you to provide e-journal hosting and related services. If you are interested in moving an existing journal to online open access, we can provide the hosting service and also assist in the transfer of existing content. Contact SCIS to discuss the possibilities in greater depth. Meanwhile, this page includes some links to materials that we think may be of particular use to new OA journal editors.
Information about starting and running a new OA journal
- Directory of Open Access Journals (see in particular the Links section)
- Developing Open Access Journals: A Practical Guide
- Scholarly Publishing Guides (from the PKP website), especially:
Information about the OJS publishing system
- The Public Knowledge Project (developer of OJS) website
- OJS Users Guide documentation (pdf) (html)
- PKP Support for Editors and Publishers (an extensive list of documentation); see especially
- The Public Knowledge Project wiki and support forum
SPARC, the library organization focused on scholarly publishing reform, has created a website focused on open access journal publishing, the Open-access Journal Publishing Resource Index.
If you are interested in exploring the wealth of published information about online electronic publishing, see the Scholarly Electronic Publishing Bibliography, a regularly updated annotated bibliography containing about 4000 works from the past 20 years.
- Bailey, Charles W. Scholarly Electronic Publishing Bibliography. Houston: Digital Scholarship, 2011. Web. 7 Mar. 2011 <http://digital-scholarship.org/sepb/>.
Other links of interest: