Here are some resources to help you use blackboard at the UO more effectively. Press a button to view information that's specifically relevant to your use of blackboard -- you'll find lists of frequently asked questions and answers, instructions on where to get more help, and more. Then below on this page you will find general information for everyone.
Blackboard home page: https://blackboard.uoregon.edu. Start here for access to the Blackboard Learn system at UO.
Blackboard FAQ: Simple answers (plus screenshots & videos) to common questions, with sections for both students and instructors.
What is Blackboard: a video introduction to using blackboard.
Blackboard news: The latest information from the UO blackboard blog.
Need Help Logging In? Some hints for people who are having difficulty logging in to the UO blackboard server.
Downtime Schedule: Find out when the blackboard system is scheduled to be unavailable.
System status information: http://status.uoregon.edu/.
Send bug reports by email using our problem reporting and trouble ticketing system (email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to include complete information including your DuckID, the course, what browser you are using, and the nature of the problem. You can also report urgent system-wide blackboard problems such as system unavailability by calling 346-1942 (after hours, to report system down leave a message for Library Systems at 346-3049; you will not receive a response).
Some additional materials
There's lots of other material available about blackboard, both from the UO and other sites. Try using google and search for "blackboard 9 quick tutorial". We're starting to build a library of UO tutorials as well. Among our additional materials:
- Inserting an image in a discussion board post (youtube video)
- Step-by-Step Guides for Blackboard (CSU)
- Blackboard Buddy, a collection of YouTube videos, (St John Fisher College)
- Test Taking in Blackboard: suggestions for students
- Suggestions for Constructing Blackboard Tests: How instructors can build quizzes to avoid potential problems
- Blackboard and i>clicker at UO: How instructors can use blackboard with i>clicker personal response systems, including registering student clickers using a blackboard form and uploading grades from i>grader into the Blackboard grade center
Although many universities have Blackboard Learn training materials, you need to beware that they may not be updated regularly, or may include information that is specific to the other school or to a different version of Blackboard than the one at the UO.