Assignments – My student submitted the wrong assignment and needs to resubmit it.
My student submitted the wrong assignment and needs to resubmit it.
Sometimes, a student will accidentally submit the wrong paper to SafeAssign. Since it only allows students to submit one paper for each SafeAssignment that is set up, the attempt must be cleared by the instructor through the grade center. To clear the attempt, follow these directions:
- Go into Full Grade Center and find the SafeAssign column
- Find the cell associated with that particular student and assignment and hover your mouse in that cell.
- A gray edit arrow should pop up. Click that arrow and then click Attempt (usually the option toward the bottom).
- This should open a new window for grading. Toward the right a button should say "Clear Attempt". Click on that to clear the student's attempt.
- Submit to save changes.
Screenshots with same instructions:
1. In full Grade Center view, find the associated column and cell, hover the mouse there and click the gray drop down arrow.
2. Click on the Attempt
3. This is what the screen should look like when you click Attempt from the grade center. Click on the red circled button below “Clear Attempt” then the green Submit button to save.