Tools - How do I upload Scantron scores into Blackboard
How do I upload Scantron scores into Blackboard?
Scantron test scores are run by our Scanning Services, and utilize the Remark grading system to process all testing sheets. To have these scores processed in a blackboard-friendly manner, you must ask for it when submitting your Scanning Request form.
- On the request form, under the section labeled Results, be sure to mark the Blackboard format for its export. After the sheets have been processed, you will receive an email with an .RBBX file containing the score data.
- In your Blackboard course, go to the (blue) Control Panel -> Course Tools -> Remark Grade Import.
- Select whether you want to import the grades into an existing assessment (column) or create a new one. If you are creating a new assessment, then enter a name in the adjacent field to the option.
- Browse to the .RBBX file you received. Open and click Submit in the bottom right of the page.
- The next page will present any duplicate or unidentifiable students not explicitly matched in the file. This happens when students incompletely or inaccurately entered their name or student ID number. For each instance, select the desired action in the adjacent menu.
- Confirm matched grades and select Submit at the bottom right of the page.
If you have issues uploading these grades, please see CMET Consulting for assistance.
- Please keep in mind that the total points possible for Scantron and thereinturn Blackboard has to be a whole number.
- By default Blackboard calculates a total column as a “Running Total”. In other words the calculation ignores columns in which no grades have been entered, so that students get an accurate sense of their grade in the course throughout the term. At the end of the term that setting could actually end up giving students with unsubmitted work a grade total that is higher than they deserve, since the calculated total is ignoring their empty cells. To fix this problem, you can either make sure to put in a zero for all unsubmitted work, or you can change the Weighted Total column so that it is no longer a Running Total; therefore giving unsubmitted work a zero grade when calculating the weighted grade.
- When you are editing a Total Column within Edit Column Information scroll down to section 3. Select Columns, underneath that area where you selected your items or categories and their weights, you should see “Calculate as Running Total.” Click on “No”.
tags: scantron, assessment, tests, scores, test, Remark, grading, process, sheets, upload