Science Library - Home
The Science Library is in the midst of renovation! We're open in temporary space, expecting to open most of the renovated space this summer, and the rest in time for fall 2016.
During renovation, we do have seating, a quiet area, and all our usual services; in addition, there is overflow seating in the atrium of Willamette Hall.
New! We now have reservable group study rooms and a reservable videoconference room!
Please come on in and see us, and let us know if you have questions.
More information on the project on our blog!
The Science Library holds most of the UO Libraries' print monographs related to biology, chemistry, physics, computer science, and environmental studies. It is located down the stairs in Onyx Bridge Hall, off Franklin Boulevard north of the courtyard between Willamette, Klamath, Columbia, and Cascade Halls.
Unusual Objects Collection
The Science Library has a number of objects users can check out for a few hours at a time - chargers, calculators, headphones, and more.
Bound Journal access
The bound journals are no longer in the Science Library, but you can still get articles or volumes.
Course-Related Research Guides
- FIG - Better Living Through Research - Fall 2013
- Environmental Studies
- Other research guides (by subject), and previous science course guides
Helpsheets & Quick Reference
- Finding Science Facts (including chemical property information)
- A Guide to Browsing the Science Collection (Subject Index to Science LC Classification Numbers)
- Recursos en Español
- How to find USGS Publications
- How to request InterLibrary Loan materials (remember to check UO and Summit catalogs first)
- Science LC Classification Numbers
- Printing in the Libraries / Wireless printing setup / Software on library computers
UO Science Research News
Research Data News