Resources and Services
- Showcase your excellence & originality!
- Win $1,000 - $1,500.
- Apply Now - UO Libraries Research Award
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Check out the unique collections on ethnic communities, social activism, women in society, and Northwest politics.
The UO Libraries can help with your academic success.
- Getting help with paper topics.
- Citing sources in your papers.
- Finding good study places.
- Locating resources in many languages.
Use free lockers & laptop lock boxes for less stressful studying.
Lockers are located near the north stairwell on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors of Knight Library.
- The Oregon Card Program provides free borrowing to Oregonians over 16 years old.
- Come explore the richness of the UO Libraries' collections!
Choose the best keywords for fast, effective searching
- Select 2-3 nouns from your research topic
- Consider alternative words (job, occupation, career)
- Think about the plural of the words (children)
- UO Insight Seminars are exciting noncredit classes taught by UO professors.
- Designed for people eager for readings and discussions at the college-level.
- Focused on art, literature, music, and other areas of the liberal arts.
- I only have the topic.
- I only have the topic and journal title.
- And other scenarios.
- Aerial Photos of Oregon: a powerful tool for environmental and development issues.
- More than 80 years of data.
- See the development of the White Stag Block in Portland since the 1930s.
- Did your professor mention an article in class?
- Did you find something on the web, but it didn't provide the full-text?
- Do you need an article mentioned in another article?
- Can't think of a good paper topic?
- Aren't finding what you need?
- Need some quick advice?
Can your professor tell that your references are:
- From an author who is a reliable authority?
- Directly relevant to your paper's argument?
- High in academic quality? Is it peer reviewed?
- Documenting the current thinking on the topic?
- Move to a new level - use your major's research guide.
- Find amazing stuff that gives you an academic edge.
- Want a digital copy of an article or a chapter from a printed book?
- It's easy and free! (copyright limitations apply).