Course Reserves Information for Faculty
Course Reserves: Faculty Information
Instructors may place up to 30 titles (required readings) on reserve for students at any branch library.
Submit course reserves:
- In person at any reserve desk, complete a Reserve Request List.
- Use the on-line course reserve form for library owned materials such books and videos.
- Order new books and videos required for course reserves. Use the reserve order form. New orders usually require a six to eight weeks to acquire.
Type of material
- UO Library books and videos may be placed on reserves. Library-use-only material such as items from the Reference Collection will not be placed on reserves.
- Videotapes can be placed on reserves only at the Knight Library. Viewing equipment is available only in Knight. DVDs may be placed on reserve at any branch.
- Personal materials such as textbooks, journal articles, course packets, sample exams or videos are accepted for reserves. Please identify your items so we may return them at the end of the term. Note: your items will be labeled and barcoded.
- Electronic articles or readings are done through Blackboard. Staff in CMET consulting are available to help.
- Materials from other libraries lent via Interlibrary Loan or Summit may not be placed on reserves.
- Photocopies of whole works, or the majority of a work, can't be placed on reserves. Please see: Copyright, Fair Use and Library Reserves for more details.
- After the first week of the term our processing time is about two business days. Requests are processed in the order in which they are received.
- To be sure material is ready for your students for the first week of class requests should be submitted two weeks before the beginning of the term.
- The Library will order new books and videos required for course reserves. Use the reserve order form. New orders usually require a six to eight weeks to acquire.
- Course materials are removed after each term. Personal materials are returned via campus mail. If the course is on-going or sequential contact the reserve unit before the end of the term so it will not be removed.
Architecture and Allied Arts Library Reserves: Derek Cloo (541.346-1867541.346-1867)
Knight and Douglass Reserves: Eric Clark (541.346-1918541.346-1918)
Law Reserves: Dannie Helm (541.346-8271541.346-8271)
Science/Math Libraries Reserves: Lara Nesselroad (541.346-2664541.346-2664)