Records Management RM 101
Records Management: The Basics
This online tutorial will go over the basics of records management, including relevant policies and procedures. Click on a link below to get started.
- How can records management help you in your everday activities.
- Deciphering the life cycle of a record.
- What is a public record and how does it affect the way you conduct day-to-day business?
- How to figure out how long to keep records.
- Where does a record go once it is inactive? University Archives? Confidential recycling?
- How to keep university records reliable, safe and secure.
- Basic guidelines for preparing boxes to be sent for inactive storage.
- How to effectively organize office files in both paper and electronic form.
- Manage e-mail messages responsibly to save time and server space.
Please contact the Electronic Records Archivist, Kira Homo, at 6-2487 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to coordinate an in-person training session.