Printing in the Library
The UO Libraries use a pay-to-print system called UnipriNT. Using the Campus Cash service, the system requires users to authorize and pay for all of their print jobs. This system has tremendously cut down on waste, by making users weigh the necessity for paper copies of electronic data.
Patrons must have money on a Campus Cash account prior to printing.
Black and white printing costs 8 cents ($0.08) per page. The printers default to duplexing (double-sided) when available, in accordance with University policy.
The color printers are capable of single or double-sided printing at a resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi. These printers default to double-sided. They accept letter sizes (8.5x11), Legal (8.5x14), and Tabloid (11x17). Color printing costs 25 cents ($0.25) per side.
- Select print in the program you are sending a print job from.
- Go to the nearest print kiosk in your area. Staff can help you locate the appropriate kiosk.
- At the kiosk, swipe your UO ID, Campus Cash, or Oregon card as displayed below:
- Select your print job, which is identified by the computer name and the name of your document.
- Check the amount that you will be charged. Prices are dependent on the printer and paper size. Refunds cannot be given for misdirected print jobs.
- Click on the Print button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click Logout to close your account. This prevents others from using your account.
The UO Libraries have many ethernet connections that you may connect to for printing and internet access. If you have a wireless card, you may also connect to the internet using the wireless zones available in the libraries. The following directions will assist you in connecting to printers in the Information Technology Centers. You must complete the network setup instructions before you can connect to the printers.
'Automated' Printer Installation
The Checkout desk in the Science Library will provide transparencies for use in color printers only. Black and white jobs are to be run though the color printers. Only transparencies provided by Library staff are allowed in Library printers. The Checkout Desk assistant (Science) will assist patrons as needed. There is no additional charge for use of our transparencies.