Computer Classroom UO Portland
SKIDMORE COMPUTER CLASSROOM
The Portland Library & Learning Commons maintains a computer classroom of about twenty iMac computers, configured to startup in either the MacOS or the Windows 7 operating system. The classroom space is scheduled by UO-Portland Academic Affairs following regular classroom scheduling procedure. Contact your department scheduler or email@example.com for more information.
Open Classroom Hours
In addition to course reservations, the Computer Classroom is open to UO students, staff, and faculty members during limited drop-in hours each term. UO ID Cards must be presented to classroom monitor upon entering.
Open classroom hours for Fall 2012 will be announced later in the year.
The iMacs in the classroom are loaded with the same suite of software provided in the A&AA labs in Eugene, including a wide range of design, productivity, and multimedia applications. Links to the lists of software available can be found in the A&AA Computing webpage on computing labs.
- Absolutely no food or drink may be consumed in the classroom.
- Construction of physical models is not permitted in the classroom.
- The Computer classroom operates under the UO Acceptable Use of Computing Resources Policy. It is the responsibility of all users of the classroom to be familiar with and abide by the policy.
- Both instructors and students must vacate the classroom at the end of their scheduled reservation.
- The instructor or designated monitor of the classroom is responsible for the room and all equipment until all students have vacated and technology staff have returned to secure the classroom. Without exception, an instructor or designated monitor must be present at all times that the classroom is in use.
For more information, contact Peter Gunn, Technology Services Manager, at 503-412-3674.