THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
UO's Architectural Timelines
2010 to the Present
Unless otherwise noted, the date indicates when the building opened. Follow the link to learn more about the history of a building or architect.
- Matthew Knight Arena opens.
- Ford Alumni Center opens.
- Richard Lariviere ends service as UO President, November 2011. Robert Berdahl is appointed interim president, December 2011.
- UO Campus Physical Framework Vision Project begins. Goal: To create a comprehensive physical framework vision of open spaces and buildings, which will bring greater specificity to the Campus Plan, better inform decisions on how to accommodate growth and change, and preserve the beauty and functionality of the campus. The Framework Vision Project (FVP) will create a UO Campus Physical Framework Vision. That document will supplement the Campus Plan by bringing specificity to improvements in the open-space framework, indicating where uses should occur, delineating the placement of future buildings, suggesting the further development of open spaces and creating new open-space components. Recommendations from the FVP may result in updates to the Campus Plan. FVP planning page.
- Jane Sanders Softball Stadium plans begin.
- Residence Hall plans begin.
- Michael Gottfredson resigns as UO President, August 6, 2014. Scott Coltraine (Provost) serves as interim president until 2015.
- Michael H. Schill becomes UO President on July 1, 2015.
- UO's 2015 enrollment is 24,125.
- Tykeson Hall plans are approved and Chapman Hall renovation takes place.