Lewis Integrative Science Building, Architecture of the University of Oregon

Home
Timelines
Architects +
Buildings Index
Sculpture

THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON

ROBERT AND BEVERLY LEWIS INTEGRATIVE SCIENCE BUILDING (LISB)

Lewis Integrative Science Center

Architect: HDR Inc.; THA Architects
Construction Manager/Contractor:  Lease Crutcher Lewis.
Project Planner:  Fred Tepfer, Emily Eng, Campus Planning and Real Estate.
Location:  1440 Franklin Boulevard.
Date: 2012.
Dimensions:  107,000 gross square feet; five stories.

HISTORY

The Lewis Integrative Science Building (LISB)  is home to research oriented to human brain, molecular biology, nanotechnology and solar energy. The building is comprised of offices, labs, and common areas.   and two-thirds offices, "dry" labs, and common areas. The building includes research laboratories, common areas, faculty offices, facilities to study gene transplantation, an imaging center, and a neuroinformatics center.  Designed to achieve LEED Platinum certification,  Energy savings features include solar shading, daylight harvesting, night flush cooling, immense solar panels, and heat from an adjacent utility tunnel.

  • 2010.  Groundbreaking.  Construction began in August 2010.
  • 2012.  Open House, Oct. 26, 2012.

BIBLIOGRAPHY

Videos

Websites

 

Page author:  Ed Teague, ehteague@uoregon.edu.  Research support:  Jeff Torreson.  Updated:  Dec. 9, 2014

Created by ehteague on Oct 19, 2012 Last updated Dec 9, 2014