Downloadable GIS Data Guide
Downloadable GIS Data from the MAP Library
Please keep in mind:
- Data is presented as is: we accept no responsibility for its accuracy.
- When possible, metadata is included, however this collection has grown over time, and sometimes we're not quite sure where this stuff came from.
- Much of our data is available on CD-ROM. Most of this data is described in the online catalog and is available for use in the MAP library, therefore must be acquired in person. MAP Library staff can assist in preparing datasets for copying and analysis.
- The Documents Center is another resource for GIS and geography related materials produced by different agencies. The Documents Center CD-ROMs and DVDs have been partially inventoried for GIS data:
- If you don't see it ASK.
Local Base Data:
- UO Campus data
- Eugene and Lane County data
We are currently preparing a page on our local data holdings. Please stand by.
- Mt. Pisgah Arboretum
- Statewide base data (note: some areas not available)
- About DEM data: More information is available about USGS DEMs here. This data is no longer being updated. For current elevation data, please see the National Elevation Dataset, also downloadable at Seamless.
(these themes are availabe for each county in Oregon)
- FEMA flood data
Federal Emergency Management Agency National Flood Insurance Program's Q3 100 & 500 Year Flood Data, September 1998
ArcMap shapefiles for roads, rail, and mass transit.
For more information about USGS standards and data formats, please see the Map Collection's USGS page