Links to Online Maps and Map Servers
Electronic Web Atlases
- Atlas of Lane County
- Cancer Mortality Maps & Graphs
- Deschutes County: LAVA -LAVA displays layers of geographic information about Deschutes County
- Demographic Data Viewer-Provides rapid data mapping, view and analysis of demographic Data of the United States.
- Electronic Map Library - Department of Geography, California State University, Northridge
- Center for Spatially Integrated Social Science (CSISS) - A comprehensive guide to fitting the 3D world into 2 dimensions.
- InfoRain Interactive Mapping Page - Interactive mapping programs of: Southeast Alaska Fish and Wildlife Viewer, Portland Greenmap, Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area Mapper, Salmon & Steelhead Stock Status GIS, Oregon Coastal Atlas, and Oregon Estuary Plan Book.
- GIS at the Center for Disease Control
- Map Projections
- Atlas of Oregon Forests
- Oregon Wild Atlas by Oregon Natural Resources Council
- National Atlas of the United States
- National Atlas of Canada
- GeoConnections - Interactive mapping of Canada
- Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative - Information about and links to electronic atlases: Iraq Cultural Atlas,and Southeast Asia Digital Cultural Atlas.
- Arizona Geospatial Data and Maps
- Nevada History in Maps
- Realms of Gold A catalog of maps in the library of the American Philosophical Society
- Oregon Atlas of Panoramic Aerial Images
Interactive Map Servers, IMS
- Alert Map Real-time reports of disasters and potential hazards from around the globe.
- Color Landform Atlas of the United States (by state)
- The David Rumsey Collection - One of the largest private collections of historic maps in the United States with image viewers and GIS overlay capabilities
- Window to My Environment - Environmental Protection Agency's web-based tool that provides a wide range of federal, state, and local information about environmental conditions and features in an area of your choice
- Envirofacts Data Warehouse by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Historic nautical charts, U.S. Office of Coast Survey
- The Virtual Tourist
- U.S. Census Bureau American Factfinder Map Viewer - Interactive maping tools for reference or thematic maps
- The National Map - Map Viewing tool by the USGS
- National Earthquake Hazard Maps - A USGS Map Viewer
- Brazil Maps: Mapas Interativos The Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics - IBGE
- USGS Coastal and Marine Geology Interactive Map Server
- Tampa Bay Interactive Mapping System - Part of USGS Gulf of Mexico Integrated Science Division
- Galveston Bay IMS - Part of USGS Gulf of Mexico Intergrated Science Division
- Arizona Rural Watershed Initiative
- Interactive map of Gibralter
- Land Cover/Use Interactive Maps - USGS Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center
Online mapping application by Nokia similar to Google Maps.
- Interactive Map of Kenya - An interactive map along with other resources on Kenya
- Prince Edward Island Interactive Maps
- An Interactive Map of the Moon - Includes the far side of the moon.
- Transport for London Interactive Map
- National Geographic Map Machine Ineractive maps of the Earth and Mars
- Map of Poland - Cities of Poland
- Poland - National Parks
- The Tibetan and Himalayan Digital Library - Provides interactive map viewer and virtual tour.
- Global Demographic Data Viewer - Has over 200 socio-economic variables to use.
- Atlas of Vancouver - This is an interactive map of Vancouver based in .pdf format
- Local Harvest - This site allows the user to search using zipcode and state for find a map of local pumpkin patches, farmers markets, family farms, farm co-ops and more.
- University of West Florida Virtual Business Accelerator GIS Tools
- HealthMap brings together disparate data sources to achieve a unified and comprehensive view of the current global state of infectious diseases and their effect on human and animal health.
- OECD eXplorer - Tool for analysing the OECD regional database.
- UNT Libraries Digital Collection - Federal Newsmaps
Scanned Historic Maps
- Alabama Maps includes USGS topographic maps, Alabama state highway maps, and additional older maps from around the world.
- PALMM World Map Collection. 5' USGS topographic maps, fire insurance maps, and more.
- North America
- Charting North America: Maps from the Lawrence H. Slaughter Collection
- North Carolina
- World War II Military Situation Maps, 1944-1945
- Toonneel des Aerdrycks, ofte Nieuwe Atlas of 1659 Digitized atlas by Blaeu
Videos can be viewed with Windows Media Player.
- The Survey of the Grand Canyon of the Colorado River in ArizonaThis film chronicles the Birdseye Expedition's voyage down the Colorado River from August 1 to October 20, 1923.
- Hawaiian Volcanoes This is a video of Harold Stearns films of Hawaiian volcanoes. It is believed that this is the second film ever produced of a volcano in eruption, and the very first in color.
- The Future of Energy Gases This video explains the different types of energy sources our nation has used over its history, with a focus on petroleum and natural gas.
- Exploring Storm Surge This is an engaging preparedness movie about the dangers of storm surges associated with hurricanes.
- The Living Rock: the Earth's Continental Crust This is a global tour of geologic processes narrated by many USGS scientists.
- The Southern Appalachians: A Changing World Co-produced by USGS and The National Park Service, this movie has beautiful scenes of the southern Appalachians as well as computer generated animations which together explain the origin of one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world.