Use the Libraries
Assistance & People
- Did your professor mention an article in class?
- Did you find something on the web, but it didn't provide the full-text?
- Do you need an article mentioned in another article?
Use free lockers & laptop lock boxes for less stressful studying.
Lockers are located near the north stairwell on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors of Knight Library.
The UO Libraries can help with your academic success.
- Getting help with paper topics.
- Citing sources in your papers.
- Finding good study places.
- Locating resources in many languages.
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Check out the unique collections on ethnic communities, social activism, women in society, and Northwest politics.
- Want a digital copy of an article or a chapter from a printed book?
- It's easy and free! (copyright limitations apply).
- Authority of the author and the background of the publisher
- Objectivity of the author
- Quality of the work
- Currency of the work
- Relevancy of the work
Learn more: Checklist for Evaluating Sources
- Can't think of a good paper topic?
- Aren't finding what you need?
- Need some quick advice?
- Aerial Photos of Oregon: a powerful tool for environmental and development issues.
- More than 80 years of data.
- See the development of the White Stag Block in Portland since the 1930s.
- UO Insight Seminars are exciting noncredit classes taught by UO professors.
- Designed for people eager for readings and discussions at the college-level.
- Focused on art, literature, music, and other areas of the liberal arts.
- The Oregon Card Program provides free borrowing to Oregonians over 16 years old.
- Come explore the richness of the UO Libraries' collections!
We have the Research Data Management tools for you.
- Eligible classes are from terms: Winter 2015, Spring 2015, Summer 2015 or Fall 2015
- Apply Now - UO Libraries Research Award
- Showcase your excellence & originality!
- Win $1,000 - $1,500.
- Move to a new level - use your major's research guide.
- Find amazing stuff that gives you an academic edge.