HIST 407 European Artisans
European Artisans (Hist 407)
Historical Abstracts - Search for articles, books, and book chapters.
JSTOR - Full-text of selected journals from different disciplines, from the first volume up to about 5 years ago.
Google Scholar - Find articles or books that cite important scholarship.
ECCO - Full-text of books and other printed matter in Great Britain during the 18th century.
EEBO - Full-text of books and pamphlets published in England up to 1700.
British History Online - Numerous online documents from British history, all full-text searchable. Includes wills, parliamentary proceedings, and records of a handful of professional groups. Some of the content is for subscribers only (like the Calendar of State Papers), but we may well have the content available in print (like the Calendar of State Papers).
Old Bailey Online - Trial proceedings of London's central criminal court from 1674-1913.
Hansard, 1803-2005 - Full-text (of most) of the Official Reports of the Debates of Parliament.
Nineteenth Century Serials - Includes the full-text of The Northern Star from 1838-1852.
Gallica - Full-text of French books and periodicals from the 15th century to the early 20th century (not every single thing published during those times, but a broad selection).
- Records of Social and Economic History - Primarily documents Medieval and Early Modern England
- The Chartist Movement in Britain, 1838-1850
- English Historical Documents - Selection of significant primary sources for English history; the 19th Century collections are particularly relevant for this course
- The Popular Radical Press in Britain, 1817-1821
- Publications of the London Record Society or the Scottish Record Society - list of publications from these series, limited to subject:guilds or artisans
- English gilds: The original ordinances of more than one hundred early English gilds
- Burdett Tracts, 1766-1877 - 62 vols. Rare Book Collection (Special Collections Department): 942.07 B897.