Health Policy Research
Health Policy Research
See the Guide to US Public Policy for a step-by-step guide to legislative history and policy resources.
Get the latest news from these foundations for research and analysis.
- 2010 Health Care reform legislation (complied by the Law Librarians' Society of DC)
- Health Reform GPS - implementation tracking by George Washington University and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- PubMed (aka MEDLINE)- millions of citations to biomedical research from the National Library of Medicine
- Google Scholar - Use the UO FindText link at right to access the full text of articles (for on-campus or VPN users)
- Academic Search Premier - Extensive news coverage from magazines and newspapers, as well as a wide array of scholarly journals.
Finding Books and Movies
Refine these results by adding search terms to the box at the top, or by clicking on the descriptions in the left column.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- US Department of Health & Human Services Regulations & Policies (including HIPAA)
- Centers for Disease Control Alphabetical list of health topics with links to relevant programs and datasets
- National HIV/AIDS Policy
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) reports - Available in LexisNexis Congressional; see video demo for search tips (5 minutes)
- Government Accountability Office Reports - Check Health and set your date range to browse
- Congressional Budget Office publications on Health topics
- American Policy Directory Search national interest groups
- Oregon Health Authority New state agency created by HB 2009
- Oregon Health Policy and Research - relevant statutes and regulations, reports, and more
- Oregon Policy Directory Search state interest groups
- Search Oregon city/county websites:
Librarians in the Knight Library's Document Center can assist with hard-to-locate data.
- National Center for Health Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control
- Current Population Survey Covers health insurance status; conducted by the Census Bureau and the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FedStats - statistics collected by the US federal government; browsable by topic or place
- State of Oregon Health Policy and Research Data Unit
- Data for Local Communities Topical list of data sources on the web for local communities in Oregon
Maps and Images
The UO's large collection of maps is located in the Document Center, on the first floor of the Knight Library. This is also the location for geographic information systems (GIS) datasets.
- The State of Health Atlas Maps Collection R120. O36 2008
- World Atlas of Epidemic Diseases Maps Collection G1046 .E51 C57 2004
- World Health Organization Global Atlas of Traditional, Complementary, and Alternative Medicine Knight R773 .W4875 2005
- Maps and GIS data
- National Library of Medicine online exhibits include posters and ephemera from a variety of public health campaigns.
For further assistance, contact Tom Stave in the Document Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org.