Let the Games Begin sculpture Architecture of the University of Oregon
Inspired by folk art as well as engineering, Greenamyer's work at the Len Casanova Center is crafted of steel. The installation of this piece in front of the Casanova Center caused some controversy. In the summer, 2004, it was moved to behind the Moshofsky Center.
- Artist's Website: George Greenamyer Sculpture.
Newspaper Articles (Arranged by Date)
- Miller, Kevin. "Sparks fly when AD orders art cut down [Il]." Register Guard, 16 Aug. 1991, 1A, 5A.
- "Public Sounds Off: Sculpture Must Go." Register Guard, 20 Aug. 1991: 1A.
- Streisinger, Lotte. "Sculpture helps humanize Casanova Center [Il]." Register Guard, 22 Aug. 1991, 11A.
- Wright, Jeff. "Sculpture of athletes to adorn new perch." Register Guard, 24 Aug. 1991, 1C, 3C.
- Bishoff, Don. "Byrne artless over sculpture" Register Guard, 28 Aug. 1991, 1C.
- Wright, Jeff. "UO to move Cas Center sculpture." Register Guard, 24 Oct. 1991, 1A, 4A
- Wright, Jeff. "Donation offered for statues' move." Register Guard, 26 Oct. 1991, 1A, 4A.
- Wright, Jeff. "Brand admits mistake in art move." Register Guard, 5 Nov. 1991, 3B.
- James, Joni. "First Oregon, now Arizona: Sculptor carves another controversy [Il]." Register Guard, 2 Apr. 1993, 1A, 4A