THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Unless otherwise noted, the date indicates when the building opened. Follow the link to learn more about the history of a building or architect.
- Onyx Bridge. Architect: Lawrence, Tucker, Wallman.
- Arthur Fleming becomes UO's 10th president.
- The College Side Inn, a 1920s structure by Architecture department head W. R. B. Willcox, was razed to make for the University Bookstore.
- Use of Pioneer Cemetery land continues with planning options.
- John F. Kennedy is assassinated.
- UO's efforts to acquire Pioneer Cemetery failed in the Legislature.
- Fleming ends service as UO president.
- Robert F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr., are assassinated in 1968.
- Charles Johnson serves as acting UO president. He dies the same year. Robert Clark begins term as UO President.
- Clinical Services Building. Architect: Balzhiser Seder & Rhodes (Seattle)
- Gerlinger Annex. Architect: Morin and Longwood.
- Balloon Field House.
This 3-ton pneumatic structure (inflatable balloon) was purchased to provide an inexpensive dry practice area for athletes. Sold in 1970.