Mary Spiller Hall Architecture of the University of Oregon
THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Mary Spiller House
Source: Oregana, 1914
Architect: Yousta D. Hensil.
Built in 1908 to provide housing for approximately 20 women, this building was named for Mary Boise Spiller, the first woman member of the UO faculty. Spiller taught English and Elocution and was head of the Preparatory School. Spiller House was located between Collier House and Hendricks Hall. It became an annex to Hendricks Hall and served various functions until it was razed in 1951/52.