THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Architect: Lawrence & Holford.
- The 1924 Power Plant features on its 2nd-story west exterior two cast stone panels by Avard Fairbanks, head of the sculpture area at the time, which symbolize Heat and Power.
- In 1951 the Power Plant's stack was removed and interior converted to house art studios after the new power plant north of Franklin Blvd. opened.
- The building became connected with Lawrence Hall when that building's 1971 addition was constructed.
Newspaper Articles (arranged by date)
- Art students utilize new power building. Daily Emerald. 1/5/24. 2.
- New heating plant now running at full blast. Daily Emerald. 2/9/24. 3. 25.