Huestis Hall Architecture of the University of Oregon
THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Architect: Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill.
Dedicated on May 7, 1973, "Science III" was renamed in 1986 for Ralph Huestis, a UO professor of biology from 1924 to 1962. Science III augmented the growing Science Complex, consisting of Science I (to be renamed Pacific), Science I East Wing (Onyx Bridge), Science II (Klamath Hall), the Geology Building (Columbia Hall), Volcanology, and the Science Library.
- "Science Building Named for Huestis," Old Oregon 65 no. 4 (June 1986): 8.
Formerly Science III, building was dedicated April 4, 1985 in memory of UO Biology professor Ralph Huestis.
Newspaper Articles, arranged chronologically:
- "Bids higher than expected," Daily Emerald, 04/05/1966, 3
- "Committee reveals Science III," Daily Emerald, 11/10/1967, 1
- "Science III construction nears winter completion," Daily Emerald, 06/19/1972, II: 13
- "Science III opens," Daily Emerald, 04/13/1973, 14
- "Science III dedicated," Daily Emerald, 05/07/1973, 1