Hendricks Hall Architecture of the University of Oregon
THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Construction began on the women's dormitory in July 1917 and was completed in February of 1918. Named for T. G. Hendricks, grocer, then banker, who was instrumental in raising funds for Deady Hall's construction. The building, which accommodated 112, was in the "Georgian Colonial" style Lawrence prescribed for works outside of the main quadrangle. Mary Spiller Hall was connected through the dining room (Refectory). Remodeled in the 1970s to house offices.
Books and Parts of Books
Text / Images: Ed Teague (1 June 2004). Copyright/Permissions
Maintained by: Ed Teague, email@example.com