THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
- Owned by George Collier, this house was completed in May 1886. The overhanging low roof with supporting decorative brackets and narrow windows are among features that give this home an "Italianate" appearance.
- In 1896, UO purchased Professor Collier's home to house women but it was used instead for the growing library, which numbered 7,000 volumes. The second floor of the house was used as the president's residence.
- 1930. The Collier House barn was razed. "Barn Hall" had been renovated for classroom use and in early years was a site for engineering and the observatory.
- In 1950, the garage was razed.
- 1962/63. Architect: Wilmsen, Endicott, Unthank.
Alterations to the 'Faculty Club' included the addition of a dining room.
- 2004. Collier House refurbished to house Music faculty offices, events.
Archives & Manuscripts
Books and Parts of Books
Newspaper Articles, arranged chronologically:
- "60-mph winds, ferocious storm topple tree on Faculty club.," Daily Emerald, 12/10/1951, 1
- "Faculty club has been home for four past UO presidents," Daily Emerald, 05/15/1952, 1
- "Faculty Club remodeling set," Daily Emerald, 01/08/1962, 3
- "Faculty center to be redone," Daily Emerald, 05/10/1962, 8
- "Faculty center remodeling starts," Daily Emerald, 09/27/1962, 8
- "Day-care urged in Faculty Club," Daily Emerald, 01/23/1970, 2
- "Holocaust Hotel," Daily Emerald, 04/18/1978, 1