THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
- Original Structure (1939). Architect: Lawrence, Holford, Allyn
This building was named for Charles H. Chapman, 2nd UO president. Among other uses in its history, it housed Home Economics and the Student's Co-operative Store (a forerunner of the UO Bookstore). Chapman Hall was Lawrence's last work on the Memorial Quadrangle and was compatible in design to its counterpart, Condon Hall, of 1925. Chapman Hall exhibits the last use of architectural terracotta on the UO campus.
- North Entrance Alteration (1966). Architect: Richard C. Clark.
Archives & Drawings
Books & Parts of Books
- "Chapman Hall," Ellis Lawrence Building Survey. v.2 (Eugene). Compiled by the Historic Preservation Program, School of Architecture and Allied Arts, University of Oregon ; project directors, Michael Shellenbarger, Kimberly Lakin. [Salem, Or.] : State Historic Preservation Office, .