Cascade Annex Architecture of the University of Oregon

Home
Timelines
Architects +
Buildings Index
Sculpture
Interactive Map

THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON

Cascade Annex

Architect: Ellis F. Lawrence.

History

Former name: Physical Plant Shops.
Finished by May 1946, this building paralleled the Press Building. At one time it housed the Museum of Natural History and Herbarium. Onyx Bridge now rests atop part of it. Lawrence was no longer associated with a firm when he designed this utilitarian building.

Bibliography

Books and Parts of Books

  • "Physical Plant Shops Building," Ellis Lawrence Building Survey. v.2 (Eugene). Compiled by the Historic Preservation Program, School of Architecture and Allied Arts, University of Oregon ; project directors, Michael Shellenbarger, Kimberly Lakin. [Salem, Or.] : State Historic Preservation Office, [1989].

Newspaper Articles

  • Oregon Daily Emerald 16 July 1945, 10; 12 October 1945, 3; 17 Jan. 1946, 1.