Architecture Building 1914 Architecture of the University of Oregon
THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Architecture Building (1914)
Image source: Oregana 1915, p.23
Architect: William C. Knighton
This building was constructed in 1914 parallel to Mechanical Hall of 1901 and was designed to be similar in appearance to that building. It was larger and lacked Mechanical Hall's cupola. Knighton connected the two structures with a one-story addition. This structure was later altered by Ellis Lawrence and today forms the north facade, facing Franklin Boulevard, of Lawrence Hall.