US Federal Government Information University of Oregon Libraries
US Federal Government Information
Federal document of the month:
Schweitzer, Dale F., et al. Conservation and Management of North American Bumble Bees, USDA Forest Service and NatureServe, 2012.
= UO users only
- USA.gov The US government's official portal
- Catalog of Government Publications
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Alphabetical list of all departments and agencies
- Code of Federal Regulations in Lexis-Nexis Academic
- Choose US Legal in left column - then Federal Statutes, Codes and Regulations
- 1938-present in print in US Documents compact shelving in Knight Library
- Researching Legislation
- Legislative Source Book. Law Librarians' Society of Washington, D.C. Contains good background information on how to research Congressional legislation.
- Library Researching Legislation Guide
- THOMAS Legislative information from the Library of Congress. See also Congress.gov, the successor to Thomas, still in beta.
- How a Bill Becomes Law A humorous pictorial on the topic.
- Rules and Procedures
- C-SPAN Video Archive - audiovisual of the House and Senate floor; indexed back to 1979, with recordings regularly available beginning around 1990.
- Congressional Research Service
- A Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation: U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates, 1774-1873 (Library of Congress, American Memory Project)
- CQ Researcher. In-depth exploration of public policy issues from CQ Press. Searchable archive dates back to 1991.
- Congressional Quarterly Weekly Report (CQ Weekly) Includes the current issue and a searchable archive of back issues. Independent, in-depth coverage of the Congress and its legislative actions. A good source for keeping track of the status of pending legislation, the results of roll call votes, etc.
- More Congress Information Sources
- Supreme Court
- Federal Courts
- Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis & Interpretation - case law and analysis, organized by sections of the Constitution. Senate Documents.
- In print in Documents Reference KF4527.U54 2004