Commonly Used Online Government Reference Works
- Agricultural Statistics Annual. United States. Dept. of Agriculture.
"Published each year to meet the diverse need for a reliable reference book on agricultural production, supplies, consumption, facilities, costs, and returns."
- Annual Energy Review. Energy Information Administration.
Provides a wealth of data on energy production and consumption in the United States.
- The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance. United States. General Services Administration.
A database of federal grants and programs available to State and local governments, corporate entities, groups, and individuals.
- County and City Data. United States. Bureau of the Census.
- National Map of the United States. United States Geological Survey.
Provides a comprehensive map-like view into the physical, social and cultural landscape of the United States, using data collected by the Federal government.
- Public Land Statistics. Bureau of Land Management.
Annual publication giving data on publicly owned lands in the united States.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States. United States. Bureau of the Census.
The national statistical yearbook containing information on a variety of subjects from numerous sources. Editions from 1995 to 2012 are available online. For later editions of the Statistical Abstract, the commercial version is available, to UO users only.
- United States Government Manual.
Provides comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches. It also includes information on quasi-official agencies, international organizations in which the United States participates, and boards, commissions, and committees.