Government-produced Reference Works Online
Commonly Used Online Government Reference Works
- Agriculture Fact Book. United States. Dept. of Agriculture.
Provides information about U.S. agriculture and describes all USDA programs. It also provides useful information about food safety, nutrition, rural issues, research, education, and natural resources.
- Annual Energy Review. Energy Information Administration.
Provides a wealth of data on energy production and consumption in the United States.
- The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance. United States. General Services Administration.
A database of federal grants and programs available to State and local governments, corporate entities, groups, and individuals.
- County and City Data. United States. Bureau of the Census.
- The National Atlas of the United States. United States Geological Survey.
Provides a comprehensive map-like view into the physical, social and cultural landscape of the United States, using data collected by the Federal government.
- Public Land Statistics. Bureau of Land Management.
Annual publication giving data on publicly owned lands in the united States.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States. United States. Bureau of the Census.
The national statistical yearbook containing information on a variety of subjects from numerous sources. Editions from 1995 to present are available online.
- United States Government Manual.
Provides comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches. It also includes information on quasi-official agencies, international organizations in which the United States participates, and boards, commissions, and committees.