Go to: U.S. General | Subject/Agency | International
- Search for specific government documents & research publications
- Check with the staff at the Document Center reference desk to determine the availability of a specific publication in this library
- GPO Monthly Catalog (Firstsearch) Database of U.S. federal government publications cataloged by the U.S. Government Printing Office. Coverage: July 1976 to present. (Subscription database. UO users only.)
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications The official Government Printing Office database that provides bibliographic records of U.S. Government information resources, including Federal agency online resources and materials distributed to Federal Depository Libraries. Coverage: July 1976 to present.
- ProQuest Congressional. 1789 - present. (UO only)
U.S. Federal Agency and Subject Databases
- Agency for International Development (USAID) Development Experience Clearinghouse. Contains records for about 100,000 USAID technical and program documents.
- Department of Education ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center). A database of articles, books, and other resources in education and educational research.
- Department of Energy. DOE Information Bridge. Access to full-text DOE research and development reports in physics, chemistry, materials, biology, environmental sciences, energy technologies, engineering, computer and information science, renewable energy, and other topics
- Science Accelerator is a gateway to science, including results, project descriptions, accomplishments, and more, via resources made available by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI), U.S. Department of Energy.
- Environmental Protection Agency. National Environmental Publications Information System (NEPIS). Provides access to a collection of over 11,000 archival and current documents. Includes 400 Series (Air and Radiation, OAR), 500 Series (Solid Waste and Emergency Response, OSWER), 600 Series (Research and Development, ORB), 700 Series (Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances, OPPTS) and 800 Series (Water, OW) and others.
- Forest Service.
- FS INFO Database. Database with over 55,000 records and links to Forest Service Research publications dating back to 1904. Also serves as the online catalog for the Forest Service Library Network.
- Treesearch: USDA FS Research Publications. Full text database of publications by Research and Development scientists in the USDA Forest Service, including research monographs published by the agency as well as papers written by Forest Service scientists but published by other organizations in journals, conference proceedings, or books. Comprehensive from 2004 forward, with many retrospective publications added as well.
- Government Accountability Office (GAO). Reports on the activities of the Federal government. Most are done at the request of members of Congress, although some program reviews are required by law or are self-initiated under the agency's own authority. Search for GAO Reports on the agency's own web site, or on FDSys for full text of reports from 1993- present.
- General Services Administration. Federal Citizen Information Center Access to full-text and ordering information for consumer-oriented publications from the federal government.
- Geological Survey. USGS Publications Warehouse. An online database of publications of the United States Geological Service.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration.NASA Technical Report Server. Searchable bibliographic database of technical reports. With links to other NASA sites.
- National Technical Information Service. NTIS Technical Reports Search. Free "titles only" search of scientific and technical documents cataloged since 1990. Full subject searching of a more extensive database is available for a fee.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (U.S.) Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS). Provides access to all image and text documents that the NRC has made public since November 1, 1999, as well as bibliographic records (some with abstracts and full text) that the NRC made public before November 1999.
- Transportation TRID - Transportation Research International Database. TRID is a newly integrated database that combines the records from TRB's Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) Database and the OECD's Joint Transport Research Centre’s International Transport Research Documentation (ITRD) Database. TRID provides access to over 940,000 records of transportation research worldwide.
Return to top
- Canadian Federal Government Publications Catalogue. Canadian Depository Services Program. Coverage: 1991 - present
- European Union
- CORDIS (Community Research & Development Information Service) Access to EU research publications
- EU Bookshop Many publications can be downloaded as pdfs.
- EUR-Lex Search EU law.
- OECD i-Library (UO only) Publications and statistics from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- United Nations
- Official Documents Service. United Nations. ODS covers all types of official United Nations documentation, beginning in 1993, and provides access to the resolutions of the General Assembly, Security Council, Economic and Social Council and the Trusteeship Council from 1946 onwards.
- UNBISnet. The United Nations Bibliographic Information System. The coverage of UNBISnet is from 1979 onward, however, older documents are being added to the catalogue on a regular basis.
Return to top