International Affairs Data
Datasets by Subject - International/Foreign Affairs
See also: War and Conflict data
Go back to main Data Sets page
- The links below are to sites that contain downloadable data sets. These data sets are available in a variety of formats: csv, Excel, SAS, SPSS, Stata, etc. Some may be available in multiple formats, some in only one (e.g., Excel.) Generally, these sources are intended for the more advanced data user.
- "The Cingranelli-Richards (CIRI) Human Rights Dataset contains standards-based quantitative information on government respect for 15 internationally recognized human rights for 195 countries, annually from 1981-2010." You will be asked to register. Data downloadable in Excel or .csv format.
- A repository of detailed election results at the constituency level for lower house legislative elections from around the world. Subsetting tool available; files downloadable in SAS, SPSS, some Stata, .dat, and other formats.
International IDEA Databases (Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance)
- Search for data on direct democracy, electoral justice, electoral system design, gender quotas, political finance, voter turnout, and more, from countries around the globe. .csv or xml format.
- "The PTS measures levels of political violence and terror that a country experiences in a particular year based on a 5-level 'terror scale' originally developed by Freedom House. The data used in compiling this index comes from two different sources: the yearly country reports of Amnesty International and the U.S. State Department Country Reports on Human Rights Practices." Excel, R, and Stata formats.
- Variety of development indicators, going back up to 30 years. Many tables can be downloaded as Excel files.
- "A complete historical record of all foreign assistance provided by the United States to the rest of the world." Available by country, program, economic or military assistance, and more. .xls files.
- Various health-related statistics for download, by region, country, etc., in .csv, Excel, xml formats.