Data Sets - Education
Data Set Sources by Subject - Education
Go back to main Data Sets page
- These links contain downloadable data sets. The data sets may be available in a variety of formats: csv, Excel, SAS, SPSS, Stata, etc. Some may be available in multiple formats, some in only one (e.g., Excel.)
- *Site names preceded by an asterisk (*) represent archives and depositories where you may be able to deposit your own research data.
*ICPSR (Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research)
- ICPSR maintains a data archive of more than 500,000 files of research in all of the social sciences. It hosts 16 specialized collections of data in education, aging, criminal justice, substance abuse, terrorism, and other fields. Archived data is downloadable in a variety of formats, including SAS, SPSS, Stata, ASCII--but not all formats for all files. UO is a member institution, therefore UO users have access to all data files. Just create an ICPSR MyData account.
Choose from a library of tables, or build your own tables, and export data as Excel files (zipped). Check out Data Resources for additional data files, some with SAS, SPSS code.
- Performance summaries, details, and trends for Oregon, by school districts, individual schools, grade levels, subjects, and ethnicity. Tables are exportable as csv files; you can also export charts in pdf format.
- The School Attendance Boundary Information System (SABINS) provides, free of charge, aggregate census data and GIS-compatible boundary files for school attendance areas, or school catchment areas, for selected areas in the United States for the 2009-2010 school year. Data are in zip folders containing files for a variety of software.