Data Sets - War Conflict
Data Set Sources by Subject - War & Conflict
Go back to main Data Sets page
- These links contain downloadable data sets. The data sets may be available in a variety of formats: csv, Excel, SAS, SPSS, Stata, etc. Some may be available in multiple formats, some in only one (e.g., Excel.)
- CERAC = Centro de Recursos para el Analisis de Conflictos (Colombia). Offers links to a variety of data sites on conflict, terrorism, intervention, and more. The site is in Spanish, but the linked databases generally are in English. A very useful collection.
- "The Correlates of War project seeks to facilitate the collection, dissemination, and use of accurate and reliable quantitative data in international relations". Includes data sets on wars, Militarized Interstate Disputes, alliances, diplomacy, and more. Data sets are in csv format with pdf codebooks.
- The Centre for the Study of Civil War (CSCW) and Uppsala Conflict Data Program (UCDP), Dept of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala University have compiled a number of datasets related to armed conflict, internal and external from 1946 to the present. Variety of formats available including Stata and .xml, some in zipped files.
- See also this related site: UCDP data
- An open-source database including information on terrorist events around the world from 1970 through 2010 (with additional annual updates planned for the future). Results exportable as .csv files.
- A collection of datasets from the Center for Systemic Peace on armed conflict and intervention, regime authority characteristics and transitions, state fragility indices, and conflict in India. SPSS and Excel formats.
- Searchable by a variety of variables. There are 3 output types: "Incident lists" have a "download data" button that allow you to export the results in an Excel file.
- Databases include arms transfers, arms embargoes, military expenditures, multilateral peacekeeping operations, and the Facts on International Relations and Security Trends (FIRST) database.