Links Arranged by Level of Government
Links Arranged by Level of Government
From this page you can connect to Internet sources of information from or about a particular government. Links are organized by government underneath the appropriate heading. All international organizations other than the European Union are grouped under the United Nations heading.
- Agency Index to U.S. government web sites (Washburn University School of Law)
- Documents Center- University of Michigan
- Federal Sources. Links to Federal government information from Louisiana State University
- Fedforms. A central site for finding forms from Federal agencies.
- FedWorld From the National Technical Information Service (NTIS).
- GovBenefits.gov. The official government benefits website. This tool helps citizens find government benefits they may be eligible to receive.
- Infomine- Government Information. Site maintained at the University of California, Riverside
- Searchgov. Commercial site which allows for searching of U.S. federal, state, and local government sites.
- USA.gov. The U.S. government's official web portal.
- Your Government. The White House's gateway to Federal government information on the Internet.
Federal Agency Sites
- Country Studies- Area Handbook Series
- Cyber Cemetery. Site maintained by the University of North Texas Libraries, which provide permanent public access to the electronic Web sites and publications of defunct U.S. government agencies and commissions.
- Davis-Bacon Wage Determinations. Wage determinations issued by the U.S. Department of Labor under the Davis-Bacon and related Acts. Database is house on the GPO Access server.
- Department of State
- U.S. Dept. of State Electronic Research Collection site (archived electronic documents from the US State Department website; covers the period from 1990 to 2001)
- EDGAR: The Securities and Exchange Commission's database of corporate filings.
- Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOps). Online replacement for Commerce Business Daily. Provides information on Federal contracts available.
- Federal Citizen Information Center, General Services Administration. Distributes useful consumer information to the public.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). U.S. Dept. of Education site for online filing for student aid.
- Geographic Names Information System from the USGS.
- Geological Survey (USGS). Pubications Warehouse. Includes the full text of over 40,000 USGS publications in series dating from 1980.
- Government Printing Office (GPO) Web Server
- Internal Revenue Service: Tax forms and tax related information.
- NASA Technical Reports server. Searchable bibliographic databases of technical reports and links to other NASA sites.
- National Atlas of the United States. Online project begun in 1997, this new, largely digital atlas is designed to relaced the fist edition of the Atlas published in 1970.
- Presidential Directives and Executive Orders (non-governmental site) Federation of American Scientists site with links to the full texts of selected presidential directives and executive orders.
- Supreme Court of the United States.
- Time, Official U.S. Web site of the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the U.S. Naval Observatory.
- GPO Access: Full texts of Congressional bills and resolutions from the 103rd -105th Congresses; the Congressional Record, Congressional reports, and History of Bills from those Congresses; the Federal Register for 1994 - 1997, the United States Code, and Government Accountability Office reports, along with other documents.
- Lexis-Nexis Congressional (Subscription service: UO Users Only)
- Thomas: A server for legislative information from the Library of Congress.
- U.S. House of Representatives Web Server.
- U.S. Senate
- LOCIS Select the "Federal Legislation" database for legislative history of bills for any Congress from the 93rd through the 105th (1973 - 1998). (Telnet access)
- Document Center Federal Statistics page. A more complete listing of the statistical agencies of the Federal government.
- Fedstats: The Federal Interagency Council on Statistical Policy maintains this site to provide easy access to statistical data from federal agencies.
- U.S. Bureau of the Census home page
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
The UO Libraries have been a depository for Canadian government publications since 1965. Canada serves as a useful comparator to the United States in researching public policy issues, and Canadian government publications provide a wealth of information on Canadian policies as well as various international issues.
- Government of Canada
- Canada: Federal Government Information. University of Waterloo
- Canada's Parliament
- Canadian Depository Services Program
- Early Canadiana Online. Digital library of early Canadian imprints. Only a portion of the database is available for free. The free portion includes some early parliamentary publications.
- Electronic Publications from Statistics Canada, the Canadian Parliament and other agencies which are available to UO patrons through the Canadian Depository Services Program. (Note: Accessible only through public workstations in the UO library or other authorized terminals. Requires Adobe Acrobat.)
- Government of Nunavut, New territory established April 1, 1999.
- National Library of Canada Home Page
- Statistics Canada
- Strategis: Industry Canada's business and economic site.
- Canadian Company Capabilities: An online database with entries for over 35,000 Canadian companies.
- The Canadian Embassy in Washington, DC.
State & local governments
- Oregon.gov: the official portal to Oregon's state government. (Previously known as Oregon Online.)
- Oregon Comprehensive Plans Collection. City and county land use plans.
- Oregon Office of Economic Analysis. Forecasts and projections of economic data for the state.
- Governor Kulongoski's Home Page
- Oregon Department of Revenue Tax forms and tax-related information.
- DIGOR (Documents Interest Group of Oregon)
Other State and local governments
- USA.gov. A web portal maintained by the federal government that provides links to state and local government entities and a good search tool for searching governmental sites.
- Data for Local Communities. A project of the Orbis-Cascade Alliance, this database-driven finding tool provides access to statistical information at the sub-state level.
- policymap.com. An interactive mapping site that uses government data to visually display information at state or local area level.
- State Agency Databases. Provides links to the various databases maintained by state and local governments.
- State and Local Government on the Net. A good set of links, privately maintained.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Non-governmental Organizations Research Guide. Duke University Library. Public Documents & Maps Department. Guide to the publications of international NGOs, including an extensive list of major NGOs.
- Official United Nations Home Page
- Official Web Site Locater for the United Nations System of Organizations.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- United Nations Treaty Collection (Multilateral Treaties Deposited With the U.N.)
- United Nations Scholars' Workstation at Yale University
- United Nations Statistics Division
- World Bank
- World Trade Organization
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- Official Sites
- Europa. The European Union WWW site.
- Cordis: The Community Research & Development Service.
- Delegation of the European Union to the United States
- EU Publications Office. The European Union Office of Publications official web site. This site has links to several important EU databases, including CELEX, EUR-LEX, EUDOR, TED and IDEA.
- Euro Essentials: Information about the European currency.
- Europarl: The multilingual Web service of the European Parliament
- European Commission Libraries Catalogue
- European Commission Press Room. Access to press releases from the Commission.
- European Environment Agency
- EuroStat: The statistical agency of the European Union.
- Europe's Information Society
- European Treaties. Links to the text of treaties that created the EU and provide its legal standing.
- Gateway Sites
- Archive of European Integration
An electronic repository and archive for research materials on the topic of European integration and unification.
- European Studies 410: The European Union as History.
Course web site for a UO course taught by George Sheridan and Tom Stave.
- European Union Studies Association
- EU Guide. University of California, Berkeley.
- Archive of European Integration