Sports Business Information Resources
IBISWorld covers thousands of industries in the United States economy at the 5-digit NAICS code level. Reports include market characteristics, segmentation, industry conditions, industry performance, key competitors, key success factors, and outlook. IBISWorld also has extensive coverage of industries in the Asia/Pacific region with reports covering China, Australia and Indonesia.
- Market Share Reporter
DOCS REF HF 5415.2 .M37 [On Business Index Table]
Organized by SIC code, this annual publication contains data as cited by articles and other publications (the source of the data is given as well).
- SBRnet (Sports Business Research Network)
SBRnet focuses on the sporting goods and sports marketing industry. It covers all facets of the industry sports equipment sales,sports participation, sports broadcasting, sports sponsorship and sports marketing.
- Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage
See survey on Apparel & Footwear.
- Encyclopedia of Associations
DOCS REF AS 22 .E5 [Also in Reference Area]
Guide to 22,000 national and international nonprofit organizations. A good resource for finding sports-related associations.
- Snow Sports Industries America
- Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA)
Demographics / Market Information
- Local Market Audience Analyst
Password required. Internet Explorer only. Access for single user at a time.
Local Market Audience Analyst provides four research modules: Market Profile Reports; Demographic Reports; Lifestyle Analysis Reports; and PRIZM Reports. These reports help users find information about target audiences, their behaviors and lifestyles..
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
DOCS REF HA202 [On Business Table]
Provides statistics in various areas including sport business. For example:
- Information on participation in sports and recreational activities at various levels, Consumer purchase of sporting goods.
- Retail trade statistics for various establishments including Sporting Goods stores. Most of the data is available in a time-series format + using older editions of the Statistical Abstract these series can be extended.
- Tablebase Provides statistics on market share, market size, capacity, production, imports, exports, sales, and demographics.
- Academic Search Premier
Covers current news, business and company information, government and legal information.
- Business Source Complete
Full text from nearly 930 journals covering business, management, economics, banking, finance, accounting, etc.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic
Provides comprehensive coverage of current news, business and company information, government and legal information, and more.