|In this Guide:
U.S. and International Companies
The following resources include information on company facts, description & history, subsidiaries, financials, ratios, market research, competitors, company's industry, and more.
Provides company and filing: 10-K, 20-F, proxy statements, some annual reports, and other financial statements of public companies filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
IBISWorld covers thousands of industries in the United States economy at the 5-digit NAICS code level. Reports include market characteristics, segmentation, industry conditions, industry performance, key competitors, key success factors, and outlook. IBISWorld also has extensive coverage of industries in the Asia/Pacific region with reports covering China, Australia and Indonesia.
- Encyclopedia of Company Histories at Answers.com
Information on the development of top companies from around the world including timelines, lists of principal subsidiaries and competitors, and bibliographies for further reading.
- International Directory of Company Histories
DOCS REF HD2721 .I63
Provides a valuable reference source on international big business. Each entry provides basic factual information on the history of the company and a survey of its recent performance and activities.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic
Provides comprehensive coverage of current news, business and company information, government and legal information, and more.
ReferenceUSA lists 14 million U.S. businesses. Information includes: business name, executive title, business type, sales volume, employee size, year established and more.
- Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage
Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage brings together a dozen financial and investment publications that provide information for corporate research and for industry, competitive, and investment analysis. Among the publications included are such familiar titles as S&P's Corporation Records, Industry Surveys, Stock Reports, Stock Guide, Bond Guide, Dividend Record, Earnings Guide, Mutual Fund Reports, and the Outlook. Also included are S&P's Register of Corporations, Directors, and Executives and the Security Dealers Directory.
Eugene/Springfield business listings.
- OpenList: Your Local Guide
Lists Oregon businesses by categories.
- Oregon Business
Oregon Business is a premier magazine for business and community leaders across the state of Oregon covering business trends, issues and challenges, as well as practical advice to business leaders.
- Oregon Business Directory
DOCS REF HF 5065 .O7 O67 [On Business Table]
Company Information can also be found via:
- Company home pages: Sometimes companies will have extensive information about themselves on their home page. You can try the company's name + .com, or search in web directories such as Yahoo! for the url.
- Articles about the Company: See the list of periodicals indexes below. For a more complete listing of Company Information Sources, see the Company Information page.
- The Career Guide
DOCS REF HF5382.5 U5 D86
- Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance
DOCS REF HF5381 .E52
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
DOCS REF HF5381 .A1 O3
These sorts of books are all over the place. To find them in the Knight Library - look for call number HF5383 in the Government Documents Reference Area, Reference Area as well as in the Knight Library stacks. You can also search for books on how to write cover letters and resumes in the library's online catalog. Perform a keyword or subject search.
The following web sites have examples of resumes and cover letters"
- Cover letters
- Resumes & Cover letters
- Resumes and Cover letters
- Sample Cover letters
- Sample Dynamic Cover Letters for Job-Seekers
A good way to learn something about a company prior to sending them your application or before an interview is to read newspaper and magazine articles to see what the company has been doing in the past few months.
- Undergraduate Career Services, Lundquist College of Business
- Director: James Chang 6-3421
- University of Oregon Career Center
- 244 Hendricks Hall: 6-3235