Rooms & Study Spaces
Rooms & Study Spaces
The Knight Library and branch libraries provide the UO community with a variety of environments for individual and collaborative research, study, and instruction. General public spaces in the libraries use a learning commons service model to support the life cycle of scholarship with research consultation, physical and digital collections, and technology access.
Knight Library and several branch libraries have rooms available for collaborative study, research, and instruction.Use policies vary by location -- check the links below for details. Reservable rooms are scheduled in the campus 25Live system.
- Architecture and Allied Arts Library
- Knight Library
- Global Scholars Hall Library Commons
- John E. Jaqua Law Library (reserved for Law students)
- Portland Library and Learning Commons
- Science Library
- Reserve a group study with 25Live (requires UO DuckID account).
- 25Live Tutorial - Learn to use our room scheduling system.
- All rooms listed in one calendar view (View Only)
At the request of library users, several areas are designated for quiet study. These areas are indicated on building maps and marked by signs.
- Knight Library: 2nd Floor South Reading Room, 3rd Floor Mezzanine, 4th Floor South Alcoves
- John E. Jaqua Law Library: entire 3rd floor
- Science Library: The area east of the courtyard is a designated quiet zone.
- Architecture & Allied Arts Library: The 2nd floor is a designated quiet zone.
- Collaboration Center (122 Knight Library):
Seats 30. The Collaboration Center is a flexible, conveniently located space where UO instructors, academic support providers, and student services professionals can meet with students one-on-one or in groups. Scheduling is managed with 25Live. More>>
Knight Library has 63 lockers available for temporary storage of items by UO students, faculty and staff.
- Individual Studies:
22 unlocked rooms on the third floor of the Knight Library. These rooms are part of the library's quiet zone and are available for individuals seeking small rooms on a first come, first served basis.
- Faculty Studies:
Effective 9/25/14, the library is not accepting new applications.
- Graduate Studies:
13 rooms available for 26 students, see Knight Checkout/Information Desk
- Browsing Room (106 Knight Library):
Room capacity: 140 row seating; 75 at round tables. This room is available for use by University and other community groups for lectures, conferences, and receptions during the hours the library is open to the public. Contact Library Administration, (541) 346-3056 for information and availability. Calendar
- Studio A - lower level, CMET:
Seats 35. Studio A is a unique classroom used primarily for originating and receiving teleconferences, telecourses and videoconferences. To schedule, contact Lynette Boone at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 346-1943.
- Cinema Studies Lab (267 Knight Library):
This classroom is used for academic instruction 8:00am - 2:00pm, Monday through Friday. Priority scheduling is reserved for Cinema Studies classes. First time users of this room must schedule a training session with the Lab Supervisor. For scheduling contact Dr. Andre Sirois, Multimedia Specialist/Lab Supervisor at email@example.com or 541-346-8104. The lab is open to UO students, faculty, and staff from 2:00pm until midnight Sunday through Thursday, and noon until 7:00pm Friday and Saturday.
Still can't find what you're looking for? Ask a librarian.