Knight Library Study & Seminar Rooms
The Knight Library provides 25 rooms to be used by UO students for discussion, study and research sessions for specific UO credit classes. If you are a faculty or staff member needing a library space, please refer to classrooms and special purpose rooms. Contact Access Service Check Out Desk at 541-346-3065, or Library Administration office at 541-346-3056 for assistance.
- Nine rooms that can be reserved (3-25 people)
- Sixteen rooms available on a first come, first served basis
Knight Library Room Calendar (view only)
STUDY ROOMS - RESERVABLE
Reservable study rooms are booked through LibCal
- Rms. *222, 321, *322, 342, 343, *401, 402, 426, 428.
- Use of rooms: discussion/group study/research/video viewing sessions for specific UO credit classes.
- Rooms 342, 343, 402, 426, and 428 have large screen monitors to use with laptops.
- Prohibited use: UO credit classes (*except the five rooms available to the Registrar); commercial use (for example, fee-based tutoring); organizational meetings; and general "study table" purposes.
- Requests to book these spaces can only be made after the first day of the term, for the current term only.
- UO students may reserve these rooms for two-hour sessions for groups of 3 - 25. Due to high demand, students may request one booking per week per class, up to three classes. Reservations found to be non-compliant will be subject to review and possible deletion. If you are not in the room within 10 minutes of your start time, another group can use that space.
- Reservation requests need to be submitted no later than 3:00 p.m. on the day prior. For Saturday and Sunday reservations, your request must be submitted no later than 3:00 p.m. on Friday of that week.
- A sign will be posted outside the room each morning listing that day's reservations.
- When these 11 rooms are not reserved, they are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Individual users may be asked to leave if needed by groups of two or more.
* These three rooms (Rms. 222, 322, and 401) are also reserved by University Classroom Scheduling.
* July 1, 2016: Classroom 401 is not available for scheduling during AY2016-2017.
STUDY ROOMS - NOT RESERVABLE
- 102, 245, 246, 248, 249, 250, 319, 320, 345, 346, 347, 366, 403, 430, 431, 432.
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 102 has a monitor, vcr, dvd and seating for up to 15.
- 245 has a large screen monitor to hook up to computer.
- 366 has some audio equipment; music librarian given priority use as needed
GENERAL GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
The Library is not responsible for personal items left in the rooms. Do not leave your belongings unattended in unlocked study spaces. Unattended items found in study room are taken to the Checkout and Reserves Desk, in the main lobby of Knight Library.
Library materials found in group studies will be reshelved. If you have library materials checked out in your name, take them with you for return to the Checkout and Reserves Desk.
Leave rooms in good order for the next users. Please keep drinks in rigid, spill-proof travel mugs or pull-top bottles, clean up any spills or crumbs, and properly dispose of all trash and recyclables.