Library Undergraduate Research Award
Library Undergraduate Research Awards
Winter 2014 Theses and Course Papers & Projects
Deadline April 30, 2014 (5:00 pm)
Submit Class Papers, Projects, & Theses
- The Award recognizes undergraduate students who demonstrate the excellent use of library resources & services.
- Awards are usually given for $1,000 - $1,500. The number of awards may vary.
- Papers and projects are submitted following each term.
- All applications from each term will be reviewed once a year by the Award Committee.
- Last Year's Award Winners
- The Awards are offered in two categories
- Category 1: Papers and projects from a 300 level or above course and completed within a single term.
- Category 2: Theses or multi-term papers and projects.
- Individuals must be currently enrolled University of Oregon undergraduates or recent graduates.
- Eligible single-term projects must have been completed for an upper division (300 - 400 level) UO credit course.
- Theses and multi-term projects must be completed before they are submitted.
- Deadline for submission is approximately 4 weeks after the term ends. Specific deadlines for each term will be posted in advance.
- Deadline April 30 for Winter 2014 papers, theses and multi-term projects.
- Projects must have a recommended by the course instructor.
- Appllicants agree to contribute their projects to the UO Libraries digital repository, Scholars' Bank
Send your application documents as a pdf to: email@example.com
- Application Checklist: Single Term / Thesis/Multi-Term
- Application: Single Term / Thesis Multi-Term
- Abstract (100-150 words)
- Research paper or project (final version)
- Essay on Library Research Strategies & Personal Scholarly Growth
Instructor Recommendation Form and Letter (submitted by instructor)
- Send your application documents or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a project that can not be sent electronically, send it to:
Undergraduate Research Awards Committee
c/o Library Administration
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, Oregon 97403-1299
- For currently enrolled students, awards are given as scholarships, with funds applied directly to the UO billing account.
- If the recipient has already graduated, the award is given as a cash prize. Team awards are divided equally among all members.
- Depending on the recipient's enrollment status and income, the Undergraduate Research Award may be reportable as taxable income.
- Applications are evaluated by a panel of UO librarians and faculty
- Recipients and faculty sponsors are honored at a special event each year.
The Undergraduate Research Awards are made possible by endowments established through the generous support of Milton C. and Barbara B. Sparks and Jon and Lisa Stine, as well as gifts from Walter and Gretchen Barger.