The Tee Corinne Celebration at the University of Oregon
Knight Library, Eugene, December 8-9, 2008
Special Collections and University Archives at the University of Oregon Libraries has installed an exhibit on lesbian artist Tee Corinne in the Knight Library entitled WomanLove: The Life, Art, and Legacy of Tee Corinne that runs through December 31st.
December 8-9, 2008 there will be a short symposium about Tee's life and work and about lesbian culture and representation.
December 8th at 7:00 pm--Browsing Room, Knight Library
- Professor Tirza Latimer of the California College of the Arts will give a keynote address, "Tee Corinne: Lavender Muse."
- Following the keynote talk, there will be a catered reception in the Special Collections and University Archives Paulson Reading Room.
Tuesday, December 9th from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm--Browsing Room, Knight Library
- Panel discussion with Tirza Latimer and University of Oregon professors Judith Raiskin and Mary Wood on the topic of lesbian culture and representation. UO graduate student Emily Taylor Meyers will moderate the discussion.
- Following the discussion, there will be a slide show of Ruth Mountaingrove's photographs, which document the history of the lesbian land communities in southern Oregon. These photographs are a part of the collections in Special Collections and University Archives, Knight Library.
- A reading by members of the Southern Oregon Women's Writers Group about Tee Corinne will complete the events.
The exhibit and symposium events are sponsored by the University of Oregon Libraries, the Center for the Study of Women in Society, and the Women's and Gender Studies Program at University of Oregon.
The Tee Corinne exhibition web site is currently under construction. Please continue to check in.
by N. Helmer
Created by Special Collections & University Archives, University
of Oregon Libraries