2008: Master of Library and Information Science, University of Washington
2006: Bachelor of Arts, Art History & English, Willamette University
Areas of Interest:
Instruction to diverse populations
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect, ACRL Arts Section, 2013-2014
- Webmaster, Membership & Outreach Committee, ACRL Arts Section, 2011-2013
- Member-At-Large, ACRL-Oregon Chapter, 2013-2015
- Chair, Products & Services Committee, RUSA Emerging Technologies in Reference Section, 2010-2012
- Editorial Board/Peer-Reviewer, Endnotes Journal, ALA New members Roundtable, 2008-2010
Tran, N.Y. (Fall 2013). Making and shaping a library experience for students living in the residence halls: designing a residence hall library and on-site librarian position at the University of Oregon Libraries. OLA Quarterly, 19(2).
Tran, N.Y., Cantor, E., Eggert C. (2013, October 24). The well-rounded librarian: Understanding student development so we can better take care of our users. Presented at ACRL-OR/WA Joint Conference, Eatonville, WA.
Tran, N.Y., and Cantor, E. (2013, April 11). The knowledge of Student Affairs: A new source of library collaborations. Virtual presentation for the American College & Research Libraries virtual conference.
Tran, N.Y. (2012, June 6). More than a scavenger hunt: Using iPads and QR codes to find sources in a one-shot library instruction session. Combined presentation with others at LOEX of the West, Burbank, CA.
Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
Oregon Library Association (OLA)
American Library Association (ALA)