Undergraduate Research Awards - Apply Now
Submit papers, projects & theses from these terms:
UO Libraries Undergraduate Research Awards recognize students who demonstrate excellent library research skills and high-quality academic work with $1,000 - $1,500 award prizes in two categories:
1: Papers and projects from a 300 level or above course completed within a single term
2: Theses or multi-term papers and projects
- Currently enrolled University of Oregon undergraduates or recent graduates only
- Single-term projects must be completed for an upper division (300 - 400 level) UO credit course
- Theses and multi-term projects must be completed prior to submission
- Projects must be recommended by the course instructor, thesis advisor, or project advisor
- Application Web Form
- Abstract (100-150 words)
- Final research paper or project
- Bibliography or References
- Library Research Strategies & Personal Scholarly Growth Essay
- We accept applications continually throughout the year. Submit applications as you finish the term's work. Final deadline - Friday, February 12, 2016
- Applications are reviewed once a year in February by the Awards Committee (a panel of UO librarians and faculty).
- Currently enrolled students receive awards as scholarships; recent graduates receive a cash prize award.
- Winners and faculty sponsors are honored annually at a special event each May.
- Email questions to libaward.uoregon.edu
This competition is funded by the Milton C. and Barbara B. Sparks and Jon and Lisa Stine endowments, as well as gifts from Walter and Gretchen Barger